Dean Roehrich wrote:

Could you describe the usage model?  I don't see hooks to a codestriker-type
of thing.  If someone puts something on grommit then what is the method for
interested reviewers to know about it?  Do reviewers need to have an account?
Where should the review discussion happen?

What is a 'webrev'?  What is a 'wad'?

Do people put unified or context diffs onto grommit, or do they put complete
source files?  Whole directories of the solaris tree?

Why is this model preferred over having people post unified diffs to
a mailing list for review and discussion?

Unified diffs are of limited usefulness; in some cases they mask the need for changes elsewhere.

"codereview", the tool, generates a postscript file with all modified files and the changes (insertions, deletion) in context. This is generally much more readable than unified diffs, specifically when we're talking about things that require in the region of 500-1000 pages of
codereview postscript.

Webrev is a tool which makes a web page which includes all types of diffs such as unified, context as well as side-by-side diffs with collapsable context.

A "wad" is Solaris engineering slang for "bunch of files changed by work for a particular project/bug fix".

Casper