Nikhil wrote:

I have installed solaris 10 on my optiplex 280, but I see that my NIC card is
not getting detected. I have jst confirmed by ifconfig -a.
looks like I need to have some drivers installed in ..Can someone please tell
me where I can find the NIC drivers please..

This forum is for OpenSolaris, but the same things apply. First, ifconfig -a is not a valid test. First run 'ifconfig -a plumb' and then 'ifconfig -a'. If it still doesn't find anything, you will need to figure out what kind of ethernet card it is. If you already know, look at this site of open source drivers to see if it matches yours:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/eng/

Alternatively your NIC may be supported by a built in driver but is not being recognized. If you can run 'prtconf -v' and then look for the device with description 'Ethernet Controller', look at the device ID at the beginning of the section which will look something like pci110d,13 and then check here to find out what kind of card it is:

http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/iii//

Once you have collected more information we will be better able to offer advice.

--
James Lick -- 黎建溥 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- http://jameslick.com/