> Hi Sean,
>
> Stay tuned...we're planning a release within the next
> month+! There
> is a special twist on tap with Sun Studio 11 that we
> believe the
> general development community will appreciate- but I
> will not divulge
> just yet. (how is that for a teaser? :-)
>
> Have folks tried using Sun Studio's distributed make
> (dmake) to help
> out with OpenSolaris build times?

Are you referring dmake to do parallel compilation(many cpus on one machine) or
distributed one(many cpuson networked machines) ?

I like to see opensolaris compiles in a Sun Gride Engine cell using dmake.
SGE so far is only for animation,bio computing. I have not hear SGE can do
distributed source code compilation.

I am interested to try it out in my spare time, let me know if anyone is
intrested to pursue this experient also.

http://gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Compile_OpenSolaris_with_GE
will be the place for me to keep my notes.

tj