James Lick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think what most people are frustrated with is that there is a
> disconnect between announcing the project far and wide, but then saying
> the site needs to be locked down because it's not quite ready for
> everyone.  If it's not ready, don't go announcing it everywhere.  If it
> is ready enough for wide announcements, don't lock it down.  If you want
> to announce it and make it registration only, provide clear registration
> instructions.  Two replies here have been made saying "contact Alex
> Ross" to register, but no mention of how to contact him.  I appreciate
> the complexity of launching a product like this, but so far it is just
> too frustrating to participate.  I would humbly suggest that someone
> from the project post how to get in touch with Alex Ross to register.

+1

I decided not to register.....if the people from the project like my
help, they could send me a mail and ask me about their problems. If they
don't need help, they could just wait until they believe that the project
is ready for being published. Telling other other people that they need
to do things in order to even get better information is the wrong attitude.

If they like to help other OpenSolaris distribution projects, they could
send mail too.

The closed start up of OpenSolaris a year ago was definitely differen
from the startup of a project that only depends on open mudules.

My conclusion: I am afraid that this "way of life" could segments the efforts
for OpenSolaris distributions into incompatible sections where people
do not collaborate.

I am still in hope that it could be possible to avoid this kind of segmentation.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/