Use the Source, Luke:

http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/search?q=SIOCGENADDR&defs=&refs=&path=&hist=

 Searched full:siocgenaddr (Results 1 - 2 of 2)

  /on/usr/src/uts/common/sys/ - Header files shipped in /usr/include/sys/
sockio.h        144 #define SIOCGENADDR _IOWR('i', 85, struct ifreq) /* Get
ethernet addr */ macro
  /on/usr/src/cmd/truss/ - truss - trace system calls and signals
codes.c         592 { (uint_t)SIOCGENADDR, "SIOCGENADDR", "ifreq" },
    [all...]

Completed in 14 milliseconds

So the only place it appears is in the header file and in truss (so it could
report
a call to that particular ioctl).  I don't think it's supported; I guess it got
left in
the header file either for some sort of lame compatibility (compiles, but always
gets an error) or by oversight.

There's other ways; dig it out of ARP, for instance.  But using DLPI is probably
the "right" way.  The first example on the following page should work:

http://cplus.kompf.de/artikel/macaddr.html

except that there's a typo:  where there are two single-quotes together, it
should be
'\0'  (a null character) instead.  And you may have to add your particular
interface
device if it's not already there.