Notes:
1. Alienware Area-51 m5700 notebook
2. GNU/Solaris released
3. GNOME 2.12.1
4. ZFS

So much goes on in a day, moreso in a week...

My notes reflect a review of GNOME 2.12.1 in which
GNU/Solaris didn't have a full port of GNOME 2.12.1
yet but enough was there to give a nice impression of
this desktop environment. I had been looking forward
to Evolution 2.4.1 - GNU/Solaris came with Evolution
2.3.7. I had noticed things like Gedit 2.12.0 and a
few other files between the two 2.12.0 branches, but
nice t know most things were now from at the GNOME
2.12.x tree.

I hear ZFS is finally bubbling over the horizon for
the next community release. This is exciting news.
There have been some new blogs about it around the
watercoolers.

Alienware came out with a "low cost" Nvidia 6800
Go-based laptop called the Area-51 m5700 notebook for
$1399 USD. A few things to note for the HCLers:

Needed Drivers?
Audio: Intel High-Definition 7.1 channel out (SPDIF) /
Line-in, Microphone in
Network: Integrated Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45
Modem: Integrated

We're hoping the next release of Solaris Express will
be chock full of goodies so hot it'll burn a hole in
your Xmas stockings.

~ Ken Mays