On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 01:23, Sean Sprague wrote:
> >> also heard some encryption libs were not opensource. Is this true?
> >
> > Not any more.
>
> Any point in retaining the /* EXPORT DELETE START */ and /*
> EXPORT DELETE END */ markers in
> http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/on/usr/src/uts/common/des/des_crypt.c
> for example...?

Until we have the ON consolidation source tree internally split into
usr/closed and usr/src (the later being what is on OpenSolaris for ON)
yes there is.  The EXPORT/CRYPT markers are dual function they rip
out crypto code and they also guard some source that Sun can't release.

Once the gate split putback happens (I just finished my codereview
of it yesterday) we can then go and rip out all of the EXPORT/CRYPT
stuff that is in the usr/src (ie the OpenSolaris) part.  Its actually
quite a big job with very little payoff for but it does need to get
done.

--
Darren J Moffat