On 11/26/05, Robert Glueck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> James Dickens wrote:
>
> > Solaris 10  and Solaris Express and Solaris Express
> > Community build are availible free for both SPARC, x86/x64
> >
> > If you want the source... opensolaris is what you want.
>
> OK, Solaris 10, Solaris Express, Solaris Express Community
> build, OpenSolaris community build, I'm getting confused
> now.  If I want to try out the current Solaris in whatever
> shape or form, as a binary distribution for x86 (not
> building it from source a la Gentoo), what should I
> install?

Binary Only versions:
Solaris 10   ( aka  Solaris 10 GA, Solaris 10 HW1 and soon Solaris 10 update 1)
     is the most stable release of solaris 10

Solaris Express is the beta version of the next release of Solaris

Solaris Express Community build is the absolute latest public release,
current draw to this version is that it has ZFS in it.

Source Only: ( has to be installed on top of Solaris Express)
OpenSolaris is the opensource version of Solaris Express Community build.

James Dickens
uadmin.blogspot.com