On 12/7/05, Dennis Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can live with that.

Even I had to eventually stop pack-rat-collecting any piece of Sun
hardware that came my way.  I started out then saying "nothing slower
than a U1", then now its "nothing goes home unless I actually have a
use for it that justifies the electricity".

I did, however, save eight U2s (one of the nicest machines Sun ever
released) from being scrapped about seven months ago, they're piled up
in my office.  I'll find homes for them eventually, but I'm not taking
them home with me.

Some people are just going to have to face it that Solaris 10 will
never run on sun4m.
Windows XP won't run on a '286...  Sun *did* give the sun4c and sun4m
architectures
nice long software-supported lifespans, and those systems can still do
good work running
Solaris 8, Solaris 9, Net/OpenBSD, or Linux.

Just my two cents.

Bill