On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 10:49, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Darren J Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > In the man page:
> >
> >      -d device
> >
> >          Install or copy a package from device. device can  be  a
> >          full  path  name  to  a directory or the identifiers for
> >          tape, floppy  disk,  or  removable  disk  (for  example,
> >          /var/tmp  or /floppy/floppy_name). It can also be a dev-
> >          ice alias (for example, /floppy/floppy0) or a datastream
> >          created  by  pkgtrans (see pkgtrans(1)). device can also
> >                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >          be a URL pointing to a datastream created by pkgtrans.
> >          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> This is missing on Solaris 10. Has the feature been added recently or is the
> man page on S 10 outdated?

The feature has actually been there since one of the update releases of
Solaris 9.

You are correct that is is missing on the Solaris 10 man page so it
probably means someone notices it wasn't documented and got it added
post Solaris 10 shipping.

> Is there an agreement that it would help to include some kind of "tsort"
> capabilities (against pkg dependencies) into pkgadd so that pkgadd will
> reorder the packges that are going to be installed?

I don't see how anyone could disagree.  Whats more patchadd has just
recently gained this ability, ie it automatically applies patches in the
correct order based on the patch metadata for dependencies etc.

--
Darren J Moffat