Felix Schulte wrote:
It's unlikely to happen as dtksh is part of CDE and Sun does not own
CDE nor are they willing to opensource it.

Sun is a co-owner of CDE, along with a number of other companies, and has
to respect the various agreements signed that allowed CDE joint development
to happen.   (I've never seen those agreements and probably couldn't comment
on them if I had, nor would my interpretation matter much, since I haven't
gone to law school.)

They even do not accept bugfixes proposed by volunteers...

When was the last time you tried?   The CDE team today is very different
than past CDE teams.  (I think the only name you can find in both the
commit logs to CDE from 5 years ago and from last year is mine, though I
do very little with CDE - mainly just the dtlogin look and feel.)

I'm assuming you already have CDE source via the Solaris source program that
made most of the Solaris source freely available to Universities - arranging
a source release outside the existing programs is more expensive than any bug
fixes are likely to be worth.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]