People with the appropriate administrative permissions to create a community
monitor this alias. The bar for setting up a community is higher than it is for
a project -- requiring two members of the CAB to give it a +1 (see
https://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=20346&#20346 for
details). In addition to having their own opinions about the community
proposals, the CAB follows the discussions to see if there is community
consensus before responding. I'm not on the CAB, but I don't think we've
reached a concensus on this yet.

The Sun engineering community is part of the OpenSolaris community. During
Solaris 10 development, many of the engineering projects had internal-to-Sun
web sites which included pointers to their source code, BFU archives, a way to
file bugs, and mailing list information. Projects should extend that model to
the (now) larger OpenSolaris community. While you  may not be ready to have
code posted (internally or externally) yet, you should certainly post your code
on opensolaris.org as soon as you would post it internally. In other words,
*before* it is integrated into Nevada.

Community contributions come in many shapes and sizes, and the purpose of open
development is to encourage this variety of contributions during the
development process rather than waiting until after integration. There are a
lot of great developers in the community, and involving them early and often in
the development process is going to make them, us, and our code that much
better.

- Karyn