TJ Yang wrote:
What is "Package Management" means to you then ?

The building, signing, installation, and removal of the bundles
that deliver stuff used for distributing software.

That certainly isn't limited to Applications, in fact the vast
majority of the packages I deal with don't deliver applications
they deliver libraries or kernel modules or some other type
of framework but not end applications.G

Why not just call this "Install" if we are going for
a generic
name.

I really like to avoid calling this "Install", aren't we teasing Windows OS about
how to shutdon a machine ? (ie, start->shutdown)

You certainly may like to do such teasing but I'm not part of it
please don't attempt to speak for everyone else.

ALL, I think we are getting caught up in a silly naming debate
here rather than actually letting the team get on with the real
focus of what they want to deliver.  Sure names are hard and
they tend to stick.

Lets just go with the name the original proposer suggested and
get let the project team get down to work.

--
Darren J Moffat