> I would also hesitate to call it sophisticated.  If
> you are just talking
> about ON (i.e., all the stuff in OpenSolaris), then
> it's really pretty
> simple.  If you are talking about all of Solaris
> (including Gnome, CDE, the
> install tools, etc), then it is complicated but not
> particularly
> sophisticated.

The reason I took up interest in the code gates is that some of the kernel
engineering folks' posts seem to imply there's 'gatekeeper' logic of some sort
sitting on a code gate, doing basic sanity checks on the putback source code.
This is just what seems to have been implied.

Since stuff with semi-sentient-intelligent systems (in this case, sanity checks
/ test suites on the putback code) falls right into my domain, the code gates
picqued my interest. That's all.