* Yann POUPET <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-03-09 09:33]:
> Hello,
>
> I don't know if this is the right place for this question, I hope so ...
>
> I was just wondering if OpenSolaris' code has ever been checked/audited with
> tools that attempt to discover bugs, such as Coverty.
>
> http://scan.coverity.com/
>
> There may be some other similar tools, and it could be interesting to check
> Solaris, couldn't it ?

  I believe we have engaged Coverity for a scan recently.  One of the
  more theoretical reasons for pursuing a GCC clean build (for ON) was
  to enable the use of such tools easily; the tools-gcc (on the general
  tools-discuss list) would be a good place to discuss further.  I know
  I've looked at smatch.sf.net as one interesting utility of this
  kind...

  - Stephen

--
Stephen Hahn, PhD  Solaris Kernel Development, Sun Microsystems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://blogs.sun.com/sch/