On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 23:47, Eric Boutilier wrote:

> >If you're on the list, why would you need to know what's on the list? You've
> >been reading it already
> >

> Because it's an aggregated recap of 2 weeks worth of list activity. I
> agree, some will choose to bypass it, but I think some would welcome it too.

Well, I'm really interested in the roll-ups for those lists
that I'm *not* on. There are a number of lists that I wouldn't
mind keeping an eye on, but not at the level of a full
subscription. These sort of roll-up posts would be an ideal way
of making sure that if something really interesting did come up
then I wouldn't miss it completely.

In olden times, mailing lists offered you the regular or digest
(all batched up) view. What I really want is to subscribe to
the weekly roll-up option for a set of lists...

--
-Peter Tribble
L.I.S., University of Hertfordshire - http://www.herts.ac.uk/