> > Bruno, Good luck! You will certainly need it.  I
> have
> > tried nv28, nv30, nv33, nv34, nexenta, belenix.
> > None of these install and boot correctly on my
> > my pavilion hp4530us, or pavilion sv6000(this one
> > exibits exactly the same (mis)behavior as you
> > describe).    As far as I am concerned, any
> > opensolaris version after about nv16, the last one
> > tried before nv28, are hopelessly broken.  I have
> > used Solaris for many years and would gladly use
> it
> > on my laptop.... if it worked.
> > Charles
>
> Hello,
>
> just a question: isn't it the Pavilion zv6000? If
> f that is the case you should try this:
> - Boot with kvd options
> - Under the debugger:
> ::bp -d -n 1 attach_drivers
> :c
> npe`pcie_error_disable_flag/W 1
> :c
>
> The npe prefix is not mandatory since at that moment
> npe should have already been loaded.
>
> The last time I tried (Five minutes ago) I have been
> able to go up to the installation type screen.
>
> Regards,
>
> J-F

You are quite correct, the s and z are too close for my fat fingered typing.
As for you workaround, I readily admit that if you are patient enough to drop
into the debugger and type a few lines of what I cannot remember and refuse to
write down, Solaris will indeed boot up.   I don't, personally, consider that
level of trouble worthwhile.   Hopefully, someone will produce a fix for this
and those of us running hp/compaq laptops can join the OpenSolaris laptop user
community without having to type jibberish in order to boot-up.
BTW: I appreciate your efforts and those of others that identify ways and means
of working around issues like this one.   I am a bit suprised that this issue
hasn't been addressed by someone in SUN since it makes OpenSolaris effectively
useless for a whole class of  laptops.