On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Stephen Potter wrote:

> > You're only supposed to go through installing from
> > CD/DVD once, then create a Flash(TM) archive and
> > install from the network afterwards.
>
> That's great for those of us in a networked, enterprise environment.  For Joe
> R. User installing on his home PC, that's not really an option.

How about Sun providing a flar of a pre-configured system?  I especially
think this would be helpful for the SXE/ON/community maybe not a "Solaris
at work" thing. Just download one CD and the flar, setup your network,
point to the install to the flar and that is it. So there you go, increase
the install experience for Joe Hacker without changing the install code.

Bill
rushmores.net