On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 10:42:49AM +1200, Ian Collins wrote:

> >These packages are not on the official distribution CDs. There are
> >ports which compile but there is no guarantee whether they really
> >work.
> >
> Does this matter in the context of ON development?  (Open)Solaris
> distributions are the development platform for ON.

I think it could actually matter for certain projects (assuming they switch to
Mercurial) such as libmicro, which are cross-platform. But these complaints
seem fairly spurious to me: Mercurial is easy to build on these platforms, the
Python platform dependencies have not yet proven a serious problem[1], and I do
not see official Mercurial packages as a prerequisite.

regards
john

[1] of the two problems I'm aware of, both have been visible as Mercurial test
suite failures