Dennis Clarke schrieb:

In what sense?  It already says "the sun4u architecture doesn't
support the 4K blocksize".

It simply seems odd to refer to the 4K page size for the non-sun4u hardware
when Solaris 10 does not support sun4m or sun4d etc etc.  Simply leave the
manpage with an 8K page size ( block size ) and leave it at that.

Well, there still exists one non-sun4u supported hardware with even gaining popularity: i86pc.

I still sometimes create filesystems with -b 4096 -f 512 (my news spool, performance doesn't matter, but size does).

But why is UFS in Solaris limited to 8K blocks max? UFS on FreeBSD (even UFS1) uses 16K blocks as default for years.

Daniel