> > s0 is the EFI system partition.  s2 is a Windows XP partition.
> > AFAICT, the EFI s1 partition is missing, it should contain the
> > Mac HFS+ volume.  Maybe a bug in the Solaris ata driver,
> > when using EFI disk labels?
>
> Yes a bug in Solaris, I don't think it is in ata though but in more
> generic EFI code.

Yes, probably in libefi.so, efi_read():

http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/on/usr/src/lib/libefi/common/rdwr_efi.c#450

There is an array of known partition type GUUIDs, conversion_array[], and
Apple's
HFS+ GUUID isn't included in the array, it seems.

So the partition tag for the HFS+ EFI partition remains V_UNASSIGNED, and the
HFS+ EFI partition is skipped...

I've just written the first 20k from the Mac HDD to a USB flash memory stick,
and
using USB & the sd driver the s1 HFS+ EFI partition is missing there, too.

> > I'd expect that the standard Solaris x86 install software will produce
> > a nice mess on this EFI (& FDISK) partitioned HDD.   :-)
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6374985
>
> Logged as a P2 bug because "nice mess" == massive data corruption!

Hmm, well, I've not yet tried installing Solaris x86 on this Intel Mac, so I'm
not 100%
it will corrupt the HDD.  Most likely the HDD will end up beeing corrupted, I'd
say.

Does the Solaris installer know how to install to EFI partitioned HDDs?  I
don't think so...