>> for
>> /opt/sfw
>> >
>> > I am not trying to be a smart ass here,
>>
>> You're not Bill.
>>
>> You are simply pointing out the bluntly blatantly obvious to anyone that
>> has
>> their eyes open.
>>
>> Years ago people in the Solaris Community got together and simply demanded
>> that something, anything, be done.  The Linux world was booming forwards
>> and
>> Solaris 9 for x86 was being yanked off the shelves.  Everywhere you looked
>> there was someone yelling that "Sun is dead" and open source projects like
>> Debian were racing forwards.
>>
> what about starting a blastwave community at opensolaris just to make
> blastwave's involvement in opensolaris more "official"?

When I read this I was thinking "how about an OpenSolaris Community at
Blastwave" but we alredy have that.  :-)

In fact, that was one original idea that was on the table way back before
the pilot ever opened.  We talked about it ( because the people and
infrastructure already existed in Blastwave ) but in the end the OpenSolaris
pilot had to be under a Sun owned domain.  Makes sense really because after
all, it is the source to Solaris !

All the other software is being built just fine at Blastwave.  What we need
is better coordination and allocation of resources.  A meeting of the minds
so to speak.

--
Dennis Clarke