Darren J Moffat wrote:
Stephen Hahn wrote:
   2.  The macintel alias.  Is there any way we could see a proposal for
       a efi-support project, perhaps endorsed by the Appliance and
       Laptop communities, that handles the macintel port as a topic?
       (And maybe has some pre-integration patches, for the enthusiast?)

I see there are two separate but partial overlapping areas here. There is generic EFI and that means and making that work on a MacIntel. Then there is getting Solaris running on MacIntel with BootCamp (legacy BIOS support in Apples EFI). One example issue that applies to both is installing Solaris onto EFI labeled disks and having the Solaris EFI implementation understand other labels. Other than that one issue I see these are largely separate.

Plus having macintel as part of the URL helps Google find us since many more people will use and understand that monkier rather than the more technical EFI.

and as I've now caught up on my mail I see that maybe a MacIntel list is no longer needed since so many of the issues have been solved - one down side to timezones and a 4 day weekend!

--
Darren J Moffat