You may do this either with 'cd -@ file' or using "runat".

> attribute file. Applications without special support for the openat()
> API have no way to access the files either. All utilities, including

These applications don't need such access.

> those needed for backup and administration, need to be made XATTR
> aware - something which is unique in the whole history of Unix. No

This is not true: all applications for backup and administration
needed to be made ACL aware before.

> other file system change required such a drastic step yet.
> Applications started with runat(1) do not have a proper parent
> directory which confuses most applications and causes crashes.

There are other reasons (besides running via runat) that may cause
the same problems while trying to find the parent directory, so
runat is no exception and the programs that fail to deal correctly
with this problem need to be fixed.

Well, let me name "man" which is obviously broken ;-)

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)