On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 21:48, Roland Mainz wrote:
> Just my opinion: If it is just for debugging (and no other real-world
> purpose shows up) it should be moved away from /usr/bin/, for example
> /usr/ccs/bin/ may be a good place assuming it's debug only.

Three reasons against this:

1. Compatibility; scripts may assume the current location, so even if
it were to be moved a link would have to be kept in the old place.

2. Functonality; it's not just debugging, scripts use runat to get
at XATTRs in the first place.

3. Relevance; CCS is compiler support or some such (I couldn't find
the exact meaning of the acronym offhand).

Moving it seems pretty pointless.

--
-Peter Tribble
L.I.S., University of Hertfordshire - http://www.herts.ac.uk/