YJ Fan wrote:
Our company is make library software that need sevel ports connection. When
going to solaris 10, they started to use xinetd. After I showed how ease of the
smf, now they are using smf-inetd. but still the xined existed for the port
forwarding.

e.g.
server1 access server
server2 oracle db server

on server2: the oracle is listening on 1521 (default)

then on server1 for xinetd.conf:
service db1.oralisten
{
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        only_from               = 127.0.0.1 xxx.xxx.0.0/16 xx.xx.xx.0/24
207.56.64.0/24
        user                    = root
        bind                    = server1
        redirect                = server2 1521
        log_on_failure          += USERID
}

is there a same function on solaris 10?

Not in svc.inetd but you might be able to do this with ipfilter, assuming it is the redirect part of xinetd you want. The only_from is done by tcp wrappers.

--
Darren J Moffat