> I have to say that WAN Boot to most people looks like it is missing
> things but it does do what it was originally designed to do,
> unfortunately that makes it not quite suitable for everyone.

The concept of WANboot is very useful in a large distributed environment like
mine.  Due to the way our organization is (nearly 9000 Solaris servers across
every continent), in about 150 datacenters (which may have from 1 to several
hundreds servers in each), managed by literally hundreds of different teams
with varying skill levels, anything more complex than our jumpstart wrapper
scripts and "boot net" isn't feasible.  And, maintaining two different layouts
for jumpstart builds versus WAN builds isn't really feasible either.

It is unfortunate that WANboot does what it was designed to do, but that it
wasn't designed to integrate well with other existing provisioning methods.

-spp