On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 19:20 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Erast Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > The compiler is doing what you want, within the limits of it being
> > > explicitly allowed to ignore what you want. :-)
> >
> > OK. Than how to disable it? :-) I'm seeing that one could specify
> > explicit names of functions to always inline. How to make it a default
> > policy for all my inlined functions?
>
> The Sun compiler supports .il files for a long time. I believe this
> was even before 1988.

OK. I'll try this and let you know how it goes.

> If the GNU compiler did follow this approach, maybe you would know it.

May be.. :-)

But GCC were serving me well for the last 10 years, so I still prefer to
use it over anything else. On OpenSolaris, I'm still seeing some
problems when developing some drivers or compiling some apps (like
OpenOffice 2.0) while using GCC. For these cases I'm seeing that Sun C
usually helps, so I forced to keep both compilers around..

--
Erast