> Few comments:
>
> a) too late for wishes like that;

There is always hope; remember that.

> b) majority of developers using GNU userland all
> over, even on Windows
> they prefer Cygwin over anything else;

That's because they don't know any better.  Our job should be to teach them to
know better than that.
I for one am working on bringing this to the attention of the people around me,
and raising awareness of the issue.

> d) we do not port Linux-only software. i.e. which is
> not design to work
> on any platform other than Linux, such us
> kernel-specific software. FYI,
> Debian new package acceptance policy saying that
> software which willing
> to be accepted to the main should run at least on two
> architectures.
> Usually it is Linux and FreeBSD...

Look, I know that you do a tremendous amount of work -- I'm not actually a UNIX
admin any more, but a system engineer, so I know how much work must go into a
project like that.

But I'm going to ask you an honest question, so I'd like you to think about it
long and hard before you answer me.

Can you ever see Nexenta being run in a bank for the most mission critical
stuff? Or in an insurance company?  Or powering an ATM?  Or a life support
system?