On 5/31/06, Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Glenn Weinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I'm reading the articles correctly, when they made the decision two
> years ago the information was, unfortunately, valid.

They did make the final decision last year.

The process did start in autumn 2000 when the Linux Verband Deutschland"
did aproach the OFD Niedersachsen and did tell them that Sun will shut down
Solaris x86 support. The final convincing work did start in autumn 2004.
This is wy I did aproach Sun marketing at that time when I was in Menlo Park.

>From the information I have, the final decision must have been made recently.

Noone from OFD Niedersachsen has contacted KDE Solaris to at least ask
a generic question about whether or not KDE is supported on Solaris
X86.

--Stefan

--
Stefan Teleman