On 6/1/06, Alan Coopersmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:
> Oh well, any word on when Xorg will be updated in Solaris x86?

To 7.1?   It's been out a week so far - give us some time to test the new
release.   We should have it in Solaris Express/Nevada in a couple of months.

I doubt most users will notice any real difference between it and the current
Xorg 6.9 we ship now - except that if we released it today, we'd break the
nvidia binary drivers, which aren't compatible with 7.1 yet.

 Cool.

Btw, how stable is Solaris Express? am I better off heading to Solaris Express if one is simply a desktop user? I'm woundering since Solaris Express has many more features and improvements over the more conservative Solaris release, would I be better off using Solaris Express?

Oh, and hopefully that AMD purchasing ATI rumour is true, then we might see a little more Solaris love shown in respects to providing quality drivers for Solaris/Linux/FreeBSD/what have you.

Matty