> To be particular, if I have a Solaris kernel tunable
> pertinent to Oracle on Solaris 8, what do I do with
> this tunable on Solaris 10 when the tunable is marked
> as "obsolete"?

You would set (if required) a corresponding resource control.  For more
details, see the
following chapter from the Solaris Tunable Parameters Reference Manual

        http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-0404/6mg74vs92?a=view#chapter1-33

as well as the System Administration Guide: Solaris Containers-Resource
Management
and Solaris Zones

        http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592

Note that many of these parameters have been changed in Solaris 10 so it's no
longer
necessary to tune them for common applications.