Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:
As a desktop, the lag is terrible, I'm using a Radeon X300/550 sitting on a PCIe; all lovely-jubbly - running FreeBSD, my desktop with KDE is 'teh snappy' (to coin a Mac phrase), but when it comes to using the default Xorg with Solaris 10 01/06 (which is 6.8.2), coupled with the drivers provided, there is terrible lag, especially when it comes to responsiveness under a heavy load.

That's much more likely to be from the lack of DRI on Solaris than the
Xorg version.   If you want Xorg 6.9 for Solaris 10 though, all you have
to do is install the current Xorg patches from SunSolve:
        http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/getpatch.pl?documentId=118966

In fact, if you don't have that patch installed, you're missing the latest
security fixes as well, so all Solaris 10 users are recommended to install
the current patch to bring your system up to 6.9.0 + fixes.

It will also be included in the next Solaris 10 update release.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]