On 05/30/06 22:14, Joerg Schilling wrote:
Gavin Maltby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Joerg Schilling wrote:

The machine currently runs fine with Build 30.
Hmmm, it sounds like you have a memory dimm producing
an uncorrectable ECC error and prior to build 34 the

This is most unlikely as the machine still does not
produce and problem when running memtest_x86.

This info may be old since I'm not familiar with memtest.  However,
according to info I've found for the SunFire x2100/x4100/x4200 etc
type systems from Sun, as of "memtest86+ v1.65" memtest does not include
code to check for ECC errors on Opteron systems.  The Sun systems mentioned
(and others, and upcoming ones) use an enhanced memtest that includes
such support.

Gavin