Philip Brown wrote:

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 12:24:11PM -0700, Philip Brown wrote:
I'm too lazy to see if vgatext and ALL associated bits, are now CDDL'd.
If someone will confirm this (and email my regular address off-list to prod me)
then perhaps I will remember to contribute my now 5-year-old hacked vgatext
drivers, that allow exactly this :-)

I've finally gotten around to doing the code merge.

http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/drivers/vgatext.html
  fstobdf(1) should be able to convert to BDF fonts if one is running a
  fontserver.
  One can check the fonts using  xlsfonts(1) and then try using
  fstobdf -fn <fontname> -server tcp/localhost:7100

  More info is available in the manpage of fstobdf and xfs(1).

Regards,
Moinak.

has a link to a tarball I hastily threw together of the resulting code.

It compiles. its latest incarnation has not been tested at all
(although the earlier code version definately did work)

I'm putting it up now, in case it's another 2weeks +, until I get around to
testing it myself (which is quite possible :-)