David J. Orman wrote:

Add something to your proposal that doesn't involve blogging. To explain, some
people (such as myself) generally thing blogs are a waste of space on the internet.
Of course, that is completely my opinion, and quite obviously a lot of people
disagree. To each their own! This isn't intended to start an argument, please don't.
The point is, I am excluded from your grassroots b-day movement, because I don't
blog/don't condone blogging. I would suggest instead of limiting it to blogging, you
open it up to other areas. News sites, etc. I'd be glad to put a little blurb about
the birthday on my business's main page, something like: "We run Solaris and
wanted to point out how far things are progressing with the OpenSolaris community,
it's been a year and OpenSolaris is still gaining momentum. The OpenSolaris
community is full of innovation and technical capability, and our infrastructure
benefits greatly! We want to take the time to thank all of the community members
that make our a
bsolutely amazingly reliable servers possible, and let all of our clients know that
we will continue to interact and work with the OpenSolaris community to keep
improving our systems."

However, you want to write it, something like this. The key is not limiting the
scope of the grassroots movement you suggest we start.
I feel that the sense of community is still a bit lacking here, not? Any celebritally event of a cummunity should be owned by all community members, I guess as those @sun is the initiator of OpenSolaris communities, so the 14th June does bear specific sentimental feelings or values for all who worked hard to make it happen :). So David, I would say do whatever you can if you feel like to celebrate the annual event together with the rest of the OpenSolaris communities! Do not be constrained by by those @sun! Your suggestion is as equally important to a member of the communities from Sun :)
 Rock on with whatever you can and want towrite!

-Ghee