On 6/19/06, James Dickens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/19/06, Stephen Harpster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What you're proposing is the Companion CD.  Check out the
Project</a>.
> You can add the stuff you want there where it will automatically show up in
Solaris
> Express.

This project is about including scripts and content that new users use
every day. One likely canidate for inclusion in this project is
blastwave's pkg-get and its use is directly conflicts with the
companion CD project, it may not be perfect but the people have
spoken, there are currently over 3 million package downloads a month
and growing.

I'm sure there are other things that this project will work to get
intrograted that conflict with the companion CD project as well or may
not be perfect enough to meet the companion CD projects requirements,
but still used by many people.

I am a bit confused about the necessity of creating a new OpenSolaris
project which states from the outset that it will be in conflict with
an existing OpenSolaris project.

--Stefan

--
Stefan Teleman