Jim Grisanzio wrote:
When we released OpenSolaris last year it represented about 10 million lines of code. But since then, we've released code sixteen times (save the binary releases). Does anyone know what these releases represent in terms of lines of code?
* X Window System Consolidation: 3/31/06

As of the build 42 code drop for X, and just counting *.[ch] files
and lines marked "+" in patch files:

The code released by Sun (just the modifications to the open source
releases): 35,499 lines

After combining with the upstream sources from X.Org & others into
the code actually built:        8,242,687 lines

That's not counting any of the makefiles, packaging files or other
required structure to make those lines of code into installable binaries,
nor the non-code data files such as fonts, keytables, bitmaps, etc.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]