Cathy Zhou wrote:
Steven Sim wrote:
Hello;

I have pushed for the usage of dladm for link aggregation (trunking) at my customer's site only to have egg on my face when I discovered the only network port with GLDV3 interface (necessary for link aggregation) is bge.

The ce port is extensively used. May I know when Sun will release the GLDV3 driver for the ce network port?

Will the above be included in Solaris 10 Update 2, supposedly due in June '06?

One of the goal of the Nemo Unification component of Clearview project is to use the same set of administrative tools to administrate network devices, no mater they are GLDv3 based or not. After this work, you will be able to using dladm to configure trunking on Cassini devices without porting the ce driver to GLDv3.

This is good. Given the history of the cassini I would consider a GLD port unlikely, unless someone decides to rewrite the whole thing from scratch.

- Eric