On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 18:49, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 16:11 +0100, Peter Tribble wrote:
> > > I've just installed SXCR, build 42a, on a SunBlade 2000.
> > >
> > > Now, nslookup doesn't work. By not work, I mean that if
> > > you look up an address it (almost all the time) goes into
> > > a tight loop eating CPU and doesn't return anything.
>
> FYI, just to be more complete:
>
> This is being tracked as bug 6440104; it's a bug in new kernel
> functionality (SO_TIMESTAMP, introduced in nv_37); code in libisc (part
> of bind 9) uses SO_TIMESTAMP under an #ifdef SO_TIMESTAMP; the system
> used to build the SFW consolidation wasn't upgraded to post-nv_37 bits
> until just before it built nv_41.
>
> The workaround is to downgrade to a pre-nv_41 version of libisc.so; the
> fix will make SO_TIMESTAMP work properly.

Thanks Bill (and everyone else)!

Didn't notice it in build 41 - wouldn't normally test something like
nslookup directly, but noticed it chewing cpu on its own. I'm sure I
can remember not to use the command directly for now.

--
-Peter Tribble
L.I.S., University of Hertfordshire - http://www.herts.ac.uk/