I'm trying to install Oracle on an AMD x64 box for a work related
project (yes, I know it's not supported, I've hacked up the oraparam.ini
to allow installation) and I've run across some difficulty in setting
the resource control for "project.max-sem-nsems" as recommended by
Oracle.  When I try and get the current setting, with "sudo prctl -n
project.max-sem-ids -i project user.root" I receive the error message:
prctl: user.root: No controllable process found in task, project, or
zone.

I also receive the same message when trying to set it to 256 per Oracle.
Has this kernel parameter been superseded by another?

Thanks,

John