Dennis Clarke wrote:
If the code is not yet open then how did the Belenix people get this
going?

  As far as I can see Grub background graphic (XPM) is a feature that
is already

I meant the keyboard mapping during the locale selection.

   Oh I misunderstood. I am just using GNU dialog linked with libncurses for
   displaying the keyboard selection and interface selection lists.

cool ... perhaps the install project people could do the same sort of thing
with Solaris 10.

Next question ... what are your thoughts on the serial port console
redirection issue ?
I have not been following this thread entirely so not sure which issue you are referring to here. Are you referring to detecting numlock status when operating over serial console ? I guess if dialog or some basic curses application is used for all the lists, it will preclude the need to worry about numlock as only arrow keys and Enter will be
  relevant.

Regards,
Moinak.
dc