On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 09:29, Darren J Moffat wrote:
> I'm a little confused as to what behaviour people want with
> PageUp/PageDown in gnome-terminal.
>
> I'm running snv_42.
>
> If I run vim inside a gnome-terminal then PageUp/PageDown moves me
> through the document as I'd expect and want.
>
> If I'm at the shell prompt then I need to press Shift PageUp to move
> back in the scroll history, or use the scroll bar or the mouse wheel.
>
> This all seems fine and consistent to me.
>
> So what behaviour are people looking for ?

Scrolling around in gnome-terminal itself without having
to press shift. I want the terminal to get PgUp, PgDn,
Home, and End. I don't have any applications running inside
a terminal window that I would ever want to send those
events to, and it's twice the effort (at least) to have
to press shift as well, not to mention the random garbage
that gets input when you forget.

--
-Peter Tribble
L.I.S., University of Hertfordshire - http://www.herts.ac.uk/