>Standards you can never have too many :-)
>
>> Will we have all the bluetooth implementation security issues all
>> over again?)
>
>Very likely all those with variations and a bunch of new ones

One good thing, though, is that is uses the same spectrum everywhere.

I have always wondered about Wifi; it seems that I cannot configure
my hardware (basestation/cards) to use different channels or
specify which country I am in.

Yet, these things are very mobile and can be moved easily from country
to country; and other rules apply, even among countries in Europe.

What is up with that?  Surely I should be able to say "this base station
is in country X now"?

Casper