> why would CDE users demand migration projects when they can
> just keep using CDE?

What sort of migration might we be talking about? Docs? Training?
Transfer of settings?

It isn't clear to me that you would want to simply migrate
from CDE to GNOME. They're sufficiently different that
starting over (and learning that they're different) seems
more likely.

OTOH, having a migration project to move from GNOME
2.X to GNOME 2.Y where X != Y would seem to be an
excellent idea. One might expect them to be the same,
but I invariably end up wiping out my entire settings
and starting afresh.

--
-Peter Tribble