Jürgen Keil wrote:
[...]
> But...   You also added "set pci_autoconfig:pci_boot_debug=1" ?
>
> The "PCI Hot-Plug" and the "NOTICE messages are not from the acpica code.
> So, now it is looking more and more as if acpica isn't responsible for the
> hang,
> but the pci bus enumeration code.
>
> Quote from Dana...
>> It is perhaps possible the issue has nothing to do with acpica :-) ?

Heh; I also wrote:

"Since acpica is loaded early, along with pci_autoconfig and the PSM
 modules, it is apparently easy to fixate on acpica as a source of trouble
 when there's plenty of other things going on in the system;"

I've been suspecting a PCI enumeration issue, and it made me think of
the PCI-e error handling problem.  Apparently we do not have a precise
duplicate of CR 6401605, but I'm suspecting that PCI enumeration trips
over a bus error of some kind.

Dana