Login into CDE and run "gnome-cleanup" this utility cleans-up the conf files, and then try to login back to GNOME.

~ Pradhap.D

On 7/19/06, Rich Teer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

How do remove all traces of GNOME from my home directory?  I'm
trying to play with b42a's GNOME 2.14.1, but from my earlier
(read: months ago) messing about, I seem to have messed up the
task bar at the bottom, such that iconised apps don't go there
anymore.

I've deleted the following directories from my home directory
when logged in via CDE:

        .gnome2, .gnome2_private, .nautilus, and .metacity

But when I log out and start a GNOME session, nothing seems to
ohave changed.  What am I doing wrong?

TIA,

President,
Rite Online Inc.