James Carlson wrote:
> Thomas Maier-Komor writes:
>> James Carlson wrote:
>>> Sure.  If the PID is 1234 (decimal), do this:

>> Thanks. Looks like a good starter. But what can I do, if
>> $ 0t1234::pid2proc | ::walk thread
>> returns nothing?
>
> Then you have to do:
>
>   ::threadlist -v ! less
>
> and slog through the output to find the offender.

Great! I found it. It's hanging somewhere in NFS:

  PC: cv_wait+0x38    CMD: evolution-2.2
  stack pointer for thread 3000247e980: 2a100fd49d1
  [ 000002a100fd49d1 cv_wait+0x38() ]
    page_lock_es+0x1a8()
    pvn_vplist_dirty+0x2a4()
    nfs_putpages+0xcc()
    nfs3_putpage+0xcc()
    nfs3_putpage_commit+0x6c()
    nfs3_close+0x12c()
    fop_close+0x20()
    closef+0x4c()
    closeall+0x50()
    proc_exit+0x398()
    exit+8()
    syscall_trap32+0xcc()

Is there a way to resolve this hanging CV? Or can one determine the NFS
resource in question. I guess it might be something caused by one of our
Linux NFS servers...