On Tuesday 25 July 2006 06:39 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Alan,
>       May I be so bold as to inquire as to which model and any caveats
> that you may have encountered?  Thank you in advance.
>
> -- Darren

Sure, I'm running it on a MacBook Pro 15", but I think it will work on any of
the new models, including the mini-mac, but don't know for certain.

There's a gent by my office that is running Parellels on a mini-mac and a
similar MacBook Pro, but I wanted to run it on the metal and understand what
does and what doesn't work properly.

If you have one, and you want to get it running, post here as JanS is really
the person that helped me get it going, and I know that Jan tracks this
mailing list.

I have also heard of at least one person who made his unbootable by trying to
get it booting, and then had to start all over again.

There's work to do, but there is a NIC driver which can be downloaded from
Marvell/SysKonnect. It has a few rough areas, but seems to work. No wifi, and
none of the others stuff like ambient sensor or stuff like that work.

--

Alan DuBoff - Sun Microsystems
Solaris x86 Engineering - IHV/OEM Group