Sean Sprague wrote:
Hey Karyn! Hope that you are very well, and not too snowed under.

I'm sorry I haven't sent a weekly update about source and binary
deliveries for several weeks. I know everything has been going smoothly,
so I hope there weren't any problems due to my lack of status.

Everything appears from my perspective to have been going well, so I guess no worries.

I don't expect any delays in the upcoming onnv source and SXCR
deliveries next week and Friday respectively.

Cool.

However, yesterday Pete Dennis integrated the compiler switch changes,
so next week's onnv source delivery requires Studio 11 (+ patches) to
build. We'll definitely have the compilers and appropriate patches for
you all to build with, but we *may* not have everything that is
available for Studio 10 by the time the build comes out on Tuesday (8/1).

This is a bit of a change, in that we have pretty much been told to stay clear of Studio 11 thus far, as builds up to now have not been ratified with this compiler suite. Now, we *need* Studio 11 (+patches); and Studio 10 (our old favourite) *may* not work? This is a bit of a change - a good one, certainly; but we could possibly have done with some forewarning.....

I believe all the build tools will all point to the Studio 11 compilers. The code could still be compiled with Studio 10, but that won't be the default. I'm hoping Pete or someone else will pipe up with the specifics.

Hopefully everything will be there. Steve will include the "flag day"
details with his announcement, so you don't have to remember all of this.

Hopefully this "flag day! will not be ingrained in our memories ;-)

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we are going through this
compiler transition, and that there may be some things missing. Luckily
yesterday's delivery will still be available (as will the Studio 10
tools) so there are some options if your preferred delivery mechanism
for the tools isn't available on 8/1.

I don't like "luckily" - I prefer "We have decided to keep" ;-)

Fair point. :)

Apologies for any inconvenience.

No apols necessary.

Take care... Sean.